Saturday, January 26, 2008

Chinese food

I am not real crazy about Chinese food. I never have been. But when my sister moved to Asia, we were able to visit. Since then we have been to visit several times and each time learn to like the food more. Last night, my husband suggested we go out for Chinese. My daughter and I were a bit skeptical, as we don't really enjoy American Chinese food (well, she doesn't like any of it...) But we did anyway. Here are a few of my favorite things:

1. it smelled good when we walked in

2. nice decorations

3. once we got seated, our food was served very quickly

4. my meal was really good-noodles and shrimp

5. my son really enjoyed his sweet and sour pork

6. hot tea

7. my daughter even ate!

8. free dessert-orange slices

9. better than a hamburger

10. sharing our fortunes after the meal

2 comments:

tripleZmom said...

I'm not a big fan of Chinese food either, unless the place is really authentic. Then I love it!

silken said...

my dad hates all that stuff, so I had never tried Chinese food til I was an adult. before our first trip to Asia, we went to a local Chinese restaurant (not the one from this post). It was awful! I thought I'd hate the food we would have on our trip. But it wasn't too bad, and we have learned to really enjoy some of it.