Tuesday, April 8, 2008

To Kill A Mockingbird

I just finished reading "To Kill A Mockingbird". This was the only book I liked in high school from the required reading list. That being said, I have not read it since then. I had forgotten much of it. Here are a few of my favorite things:

1. told from a young kid's perspective

2. Atticus-he is the same in public as he is in private

3. Jem-watching this boy turn into a young man through the story

4. Scout-what you see is what you get with this gal!

5. Dill-full of imagination and fire

6. Calpurnia-the balancing effect she brings to the Finch family

7. Tom Robinson-just tryin' to do the right thing

8. Miss Maudie-doing what she can to help Jem and Scout grow up

9. Boo Radley-comes to the rescue when it really counts

10. There is just one kind of folks. Folks. Treating them badly is like shooting a mockingbird.

2 comments:

tripleZmom said...

I think I need to reread it too - I loved it so much when I was young.

silken said...

it did not take me long to read it, maybe three or four days. it's a good one! I am surprised I waited so long to read it again!! I want my son to read it, he is at a good age for it, but too snowed under right now. My daughter wants to read it and I keep telling her to wait...guess that makes her just want to read it more! :)