Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day 2008

Today was a nice day for our family. We had my cousins bring my granny over to my parent's and my other grandparents made it over as well. My sister from across the ocean was even present today. Here are a few of my favorite things about today:

1. all my living grandparents were there

2. seeing my sister

3. the kids playing on the slip and slide

4. lots of good family and friends in attendance

5. chips and dip

6. brisket

7. fresh fruit

8. warm day outside and cool air inside

9. relaxing

10. a game of Scrabble to end the day

2 comments:

Merry Monteleone said...

Hi Silken,

Sounds like a wonderful memorial day!!! Say hi to your parents and sister for me.

I also wanted to let you know, a bloggy friend of mine, Ello, is hosting a discussion one The Lolita Effect, a book written about raising daughters and the way society is pushing sexuality at a much too early age. The author will be there to join in the discussion and it starts tomorrow. I thought it might be one you'd like to check out. I have a post up about it, here that has a link to ello's on it. I hope you can make it.

silken said...

hey, thanks merry! I will come by and check it out. sounds really good! thanks for letting me know!