Saturday, May 31, 2008

ways to go green

Lately everyone is becoming more and more "green minded". A while back, my friend Trick Falls pointed to some sites that are showing simple ways for us all to take some practical steps in "going green". I am still learning and finding ways, so my steps may be baby steps. Here are a few of my favorite ways to go green:

1. using reusable bags at the store

2. taking my own bags to the library for books

3. reusing plastic bags whenever possible-my favorite, catching the juice pulp!

4. carpooling

5. reusing water bottles

6. composting

7. turning off lights when not in use

8. recycling

9. buying recycled products

10. learning more and more ways to help make this a better world for our kids

2 comments:

yeggie said...

All of thes ways are great, but I have oone more to share with you. BIOHEAT! It's made of heating oil blended with organic materials like soybean oil and avocado. It's kind to the heating system, and the best part about it all is that it's non-toxic and biodegradable. How cool is that? It's definitely my best friend during the winter.

I found out about bioheat through my job here at NORA. I did a bit more research and found out a lot of info from:
http://oilheatamerica.com/index.mv?screen=bioheat.

Check it out and see what other info it has to offer that may be helpful to you!

silken said...

wow, very interesting. thanks for letting me know about this. will look at it, as I've not heard about it.