Saturday, November 3, 2007

Joust For Fun

Yesterday we held a tournament and feast to celebrate all that we have been learning over the past few weeks. My nephews, my daughter, my sister, my dad, myself and later my husband were all in attendance for the grand event. Here are a few of my favorite things:

1. jousting knights-complete with stick horses

2. sword fights (cardboard of course)



3. archery skills (this is the real thing)



4. acrobatics (on the rings!)



5. juggling (ye olde tennis balls)

6. bobbing for apples (watching the little guys learn how to do this was priceless!)




7. spit roasted (grocery store rotisserie) chicken

8. hearing my six year old nephew talk about what kinds of dishes and utensils the people in the castles used

9. listening to the boys talk about the kinds of entertainment given at the feast (no TV)

10. my daughter remembering we MUST have salt on the table

No comments: