Saturday, April 10, 2010

homemade enchiladas

One of our family's most favorite dinners is enchiladas. I have gotten to where I don't like to eat out much at all. And I don't mind making enchiladas now that I've learned a new way to soften the tortillas. Since we just finished a batch of yummy homemade enchiladas, here are a few of my favorite things about them:

1. can make them nearly any time now that I soften them in the oven instead of frying in oil on stove top

2, everyone eats them, and a lot of them

3. have found a really good more authentic, although canned, sauce

4. it is MUCH cheaper for us to eat at home

5. they taste so good!

6. make a large batch, even occasionally have leftovers

7. they freeze well

8. less fattening to make them at home

9. very filling

10. they go a long way

No comments: